Summer is here and protecting your skin from the sun’s ultraviolet rays is important. Follow these tips to keep your skin safe.
- Wear sunscreen every day, during all seasons and in all weather conditions.
- Wear sunscreen with a minimum of at least SPF 30.
- Reapply sunscreen generously every two hours or more frequently if swimming or perspiring.
- Avoid the peak hours of sun exposure when rays are strongest between the hours of 10 AM and 2PM.
- Wear protective clothing such as long sleeve shirts, sun glasses and wide-brimmed hats when possible.
- Apply sunscreen at least 15 minutes prior to exposure.